Friday, November 02, 2007

More bad luck for Bronte school district

A month after the Texas Youth Commission abruptly ended a contract with a private youth prison in Bronte, Coke County that eliminated funding for 40% of the local school district's teachers, Bronte ISD now faces another catastrophe from out of the blue. Reported the San Angelo Standard Times, "The Bronte school district’s newest bus, worth more than $100,000, burned Tuesday on a trip back from Midland after the girls volleyball team’s playoff victory there. No one was injured, but the bus was destroyed. 'We take good care of buses, and it was a freak thing,' said Pam Hilliard, assistant volleyball coach.'"

I know this is a bit off topic, but when I saw this picture I couldn't help but think to myself, "Man, those poor Bronte ISD employees and school board members must feel like they're cursed." I'm glad everybody got out safe - sounds like a close call.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Boy and to tkink is was not arson from one of the recently dismissed GEO Group employees. It was just a "freak" situation. Pleezzzzze!

Anonymous said...

I'm grateful no one was hurt. I sure hope Bronte had insurance for the buss.

Anonymous said...

Please keep that little district in your prayers. They are facing some very tough times ahead thanks to TYC. It appears they won their playoff game - so good luck in the next round ladies!

Anonymous said...

I go to Bronte I.S.D. and it would have had to been a delayed accident. They drove there and on the way back it caught fire. Not only then but before.